Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reopening the Closet Doors

So last weekend, I helped Suzanna finish her husband's pirate pants. Her sewing machine went nuts when she got to the buttonholes. I had never done buttonholes on mine, but Eric has been waiting two years for these pants, so I pulled it out for the first time since the bridesmaid dress.

Buttonholes were surprisingly easy, and sewing didn't suck. In fact, I felt invigorated enough to suggest going to 2014 Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, Texas. Suzanna had been years ago and was ready to go back. We picked out our projects, cleared the trip with Eric, and I dived into my material stash.

Suzanna assured me that people showed up in Victorian garb that was later than the Dickens period, so the first project I'm going to in the Closet is the Simplicity Pattern 5457.

2014 Dickens on the Strand date will probably fall on December 5, 6, and 7th. That gives me a little over a year to get the dress ready.

No comments: