Thursday, April 20, 2006

Notes: 2006 Updates

I went from 18 planned projects to eight, nine counting the pillows I want to make. What happened?

Christine de Pisan I have all the materials for, and I want to play her at Acadiana Medieval Faire at least for one year. (Though it looks like Agnes Bailey is going to be stuck on cooking demos for a while.) It will also round out my 14th Century collection to the noble level. Still need more accessories though. Christine is the one in the blue.


I want to do Granuaile as Irish chieftan, leader of 200 men, not the grubby pirate most go for. In that mode she will be crossdressing, with a doublet based on the Dungiven jacket.

The final idea sketch looks like this:


Since I quit the Louisiana Renaissance Festival, I don't need multiple outfits for Capt. Kate. The red one will work just fine for visiting other Faires.


"Shakespeare in Love" is on the list still have plenty of the pretty fabric and the bodice is falling apart. The second bodice may not have the corset built-in (or at least not done with uncovered steel boning), so it should last longer. I'm also saving it for after I've lost some weight.


The Eowyn refugee dress turned out so badly; it's a matter of pride to redo it.


The Victorian era is still an obsession. I don't know if we'll ever have a place to wear it to, but I still want to recreate this dress and jacket.


I have Simplicity pattern 5457 and want to sew that up too.


The red linen pants suit and matching skirt is so I have more work clothes. And I have about 7 yards of a nice red linen to use up.
[INSERT PIC OF RED LINEN PANTSUIT]

I've added a new section: Interested-In Projects. These are outfits I'd like to try because many other costumers out there have, but feel no particular hurry to do so.

The first one is Flemish peasant garb. I want to play with it because it looks smashing done right.


The second is because I have the Simplicity patterns 9531 and 9533. It's recreating Italian Renaissance style, however this one is dead last on the list because I have no fabric for it.


So here's to 2006 and hopefully a saner sewing schedule!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Italian dresses are great, but what would you wear in your hair?