Monday, August 08, 2005

Project: Granuaile's Garb: Fabric

Fabrixx Outlet had a remnent sale and I went on Saturday for the sole purpose of finding doublet fabric for Granuaile. I'm using a green color scheme and a saffron dyed shirt for Ireland.

What I ended up walking out with two green pattern peices (peices being 2 yard remnents of upholstery width fabric). If they end up being too modern designs, I grabbed a green corderouy. I also got a light blue-green of drapery silk, heavy stuff, a really close to carnation in what Chad thinks in a linen, and a gold satin-like material that I was considering for trim or lining if I do slash-and-puff sleeves on the doublet.

Heady idea, wearing your money on your sleeve more or less. I'm just glad I'm not a regular participant in the royal court.

No comments: