Saturday, January 15, 2005

Project: Capt. Kate's Red Outfit: Shirts Post 2

THE SHIRTS

Well it took two days before I was able to complete my measurements. Each shirt will need 1 1/3 yards of 45-inch wide fabric. Mid-calf chemise takes 2 1/3 yards of 45-inch wide fabric. And I went ahead and figured on an ankle length. It could double as a 14th Century gown. Ankle-length chemise needs 3 yards of 45-inch wide fabric.

Now it's digging through the fabric pile and shopping time.

You'll notice too that I have added some more sewing projects. My boyfriend wants to do 14th Century for some of his garb and it's only nice that I match. But I think it will also help me with recreating Eowyn's refugee dress. The other projects are things I reminded myself I need to or would like to sew some time in the near future.

No comments: